Last Updated: 23rd February 2017.
- We reserve the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time for any reason.
- By placing an order with us you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree with our terms and conditions.
- We may, at our discretion, combine classes of the same level, into the same class, to ensure group lessons are always in a group. Students that refuse to combine classes, may be asked to switch to private tuition.
Orders and Billing
- You can find the specific details regarding your orders with Wombat English at any time by visiting our website and clicking on the “My Account” link.
- All children’s courses are billed per calendar month, irrespective of the number of lessons held in a particular calendar month.
- All children’s course enrolments must pay for the whole calendar month, during the month they enrol.
- All General English and Business English courses are billed per month.
- Discuss! is billed per calendar month, irrespective of the number of lessons held in a particular calendar month.
- Unused Discuss! participation fees do not roll over to the following month.
- For the purpose of General English and Business English courses, 1 month is defined as 4 consecutive lessons.
- Enrolment is not confirmed until your payment has been received by Wombat English.
- For orders with the payment method of Cash or Bank Transfer. If payment has not been received within 7 days of the order, your order will be cancelled.
- Payments made via PayPal will appear on your credit card statement as “PAYPAL * WOMBAT”.
- Payment for tuition must be received prior to the first lesson of each calendar month.
- Students with outstanding tuition fees, will not be permitted to attend lessons until the tuition fee is received.
- Wombat English will not offer alternative lessons as a result of students missing lessons due to late payment of tuition fees.
- Wombat English does not use “Shukin Bukuro”. For cash payments, please do not send cash payments for tuition to the school with your children.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- We reserve the right to change pricing at any time for any reason.
- We reserve the right to not honour typographical errors which may cause incorrect pricing on the website.
- We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your use of our service, without notice, for any, or no reason whatsoever.
- We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
- We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the service.
- As we offer a free trial lesson before purchase, we do not offer refunds for change of mind. This includes quitting prior to course completion.
- Strictly no refunds on the Annual Fee (including textbooks).
- Strictly no refunds on prepaid tuition.
- Strictly no refunds on Discuss! participation fee, whether or not you attend the class.
- If you feel you have extenuating circumstances that necessitate a refund, you must contact Wombat English in person to explain your situation. At our discretion we may offer a full or partial refund for unused services only.
- In the event that Wombat English decides to issue a refund, it will be via the method of payment used. Payments made via cash, will be refunded via cash. Payments made via bank transfer, will be refunded via bank transfer. Payments made via PayPal will be refunded via PayPal. Any request for a refund via a different method to that used will be strictly refused.
- The customer will be responsible for all fees and charges involved in issuing a refund. These will be deducted from the value of the refund.
- Refunds via PayPal will be done at PayPal’s convenience. Wombat English has no control over how long PayPal make take to issue your refund.
Products or Services
- Certain services may be available exclusively online through the website. These services may have limited quantities.
Accuracy of Billing and Account Information
- We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us.
- You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store.
- You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
- In particular, it is vitally important that you ensure your email address is correct. Wombat English will send personal information, including receipts, to this address. It is solely the customers responsibility to ensure this is correct.
- You acknowledge that Wombat English has no liability to you, or third parties, if your private information is disclosed to third parties as a result of the customer supplying incorrect contact information.
Drugs and Alcohol
- Students deemed to be under the influence of alcohol will be refused entry to their scheduled lesson.
- Students deemed to be under the influence of illegal drugs will be refused entry to their scheduled lesson.
- Wombat English staff will be the sole arbitrator as to whether or not a student is intoxicated.
- There will be no refund for lessons missed due to intoxication.
- Students that repeatedly turn up intoxicated will immediately be expelled from their course. Their remaining lesson fees will be forfeited.
- All Wombat English premises are strictly non-smoking. Students are requested to not smoke anywhere on Wombat English property.
Violence, or threats of Violence
- Students agree that they will not act in a violent, or aggressive manner towards Wombat English staff.
- Students agree that they will not act in a violent, or aggressive manner towards other students.
- Students agree that they will not act in a violent, or aggressive manner towards visitors to Wombat English.
- Students that are violent will immediately be expelled from their course. Their remaining lesson fees will be forfeited. Police may be called as necessary.
- It is the students responsibility to ensure they arrive on time for their lessons.
- Adult students arriving more than 10 minutes late for their group lesson will be refused entry to the lesson.
- There will be no refund for lessons missed due to lateness.
- All students wishing to take a hiatus from their course must contact Wombat English at least 2 weeks in advance of their planned hiatus.
- One tuition period is 4 Consecutive Lessons for General and Business courses
- One tuition period is 1 Calendar Month for Children and High School Courses. This may be 3, 4 or 5 lessons depending on the month.
- Adult students are eligible for one tuition period of hiatus at a discounted rate off the regular tuition fee once per course.
- Children and High School students are eligible for one tuition period of hiatus at a discounted rate off the regular tuition fee once per course.
- The current hiatus discount rate is 40% of the regular tuition fee.
- Students on hiatus can not attend lessons while on hiatus.
- Additional tuition periods of hiatus will be charged at the current tuition rate.
- Hiatus periods must be booked and paid for in store.
Curriculum Based Lessons
- Wombat English does not offer the ‘drop in’ style of lesson.
- Wombat English has a set curriculum for all Business English Courses, General English and Children’s English Courses.
- Once you enrol, the day and time of your lesson will be reserved for you.
- The day and time of your lesson can not be changed.
- The day and time of your lesson can not be used by another person if you are absent.
- If you miss a scheduled lesson, the curriculum will still advance, and you will not receive a refund or replacement lesson.
- Curriculum based students have access to the Wombat English lending library.
Free Conversation Classes
- Students must pay the participation fee prior to attending a Discuss! class.
- Our free conversation class, Discuss!, is intended for students with pre-existing English ability.
- All Discuss! sessions are subject to a fair use policy.
- While Discuss! attendance is unlimited within a calendar month, all enrolled students must have an opportunity to attend sessions.
- Students that have previously attended Discuss! sessions on a particular day, may be asked to make room for students that have not attended a Discuss! session on that day,
- Sessions designated as Easy topics will be restricted to Easy topics. Deciding if a topic is Easy is at the Instructors discretion.
- If an Instructor feels a topic is not suitable for an Easy topic, the Instructor will change the topic. Students are requested to respect this decision.
- Controversial topics, such as Politics or Religion, while not forbidden, are discouraged unless all Students and the Instructor feel comfortable talking about them.
- Students should not monopolise the talking time at the expense of other students.
- Students should confirm that a Discuss! session is scheduled for a particular day, but checking the Wombat English homepage.
- Bookings for a Discuss! session will be accepted via phone or email from the working day prior to the schedule Discuss! class.
- Session places are allocated on a first come basis.
- Students attending a Discuss! session will need to sign in and out on the Discuss! attendance record.
- Discuss! only students do not have access to the Wombat English lending library.
- Parents are responsible for ensuring children attend their scheduled lessons. Make up lessons are not available should a child miss their lesson.
- Parents should pick up and drop off small children to class. Wombat English does not recommend children under Elementary school grade 4 attend or leave unaccompanied by a parent.
- Wombat English can not accept responsibility for students safety outside of Wombat English premises.
- Parents are requested to wait outside while their children are in class.
- Curriculum based students have access to the Wombat English lending library while a current student.
- Only one book at a time may be checked out.
- Lending period up to 2 weeks at a time.
- A single book may be renewed up to 2 times, unless another student has reserved the book.
- Students agree to replace lost, damaged, or defaced books.
- Students borrowing a book will record their name, title, and check out date in the Lending Library record.
- Students returning a book will record the check in date in the Lending Library record.